Thursday, October 6, 2011

How did Steve Jobs go so "Easily"?

I was in utter shock when I woke up this morning, logged onto my laptop and went to CNN.com to check today's news. I did know that he was not all well and that was a big reason for him stepping down as Apple's CEO. But I didn't know he was this close to passing away. If his health had deteriorated to the point where it looked bleak, I am sure the media would have gotten to know about it. Maybe this was unexpected...

It's hard to describe the amount of impact Steve Jobs has had on the world. Very few people had the ability to change so much. It is hard to quantify how gifted he was. Obama's statement about Steve's tribute was so true... "The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented".

It is still mind boggling for me to imaging how he passed away like this. He is one of the most iconic figures of our generation. Though he worked for $1 a year, he was still one of the most wealthiest people in America. He must have had access to the best healthcare facilities and doctors in America. How did he go so fast... so "easily"... I am sure he did everything he could. But I get this feeling that though Steve Jobs was great, he probably was a bit arrogant about this situation as well He had led a life where he was very successful and beat many odds. Maybe he took this for granted. Maybe he was so engrossed on thinking of the next big thing, he left this slide by... I don't know. It's unfair to say such things. But it does have me thinking... How did somebody with such resources go like that... Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment